Sunday, September 11, 2011

Many a Mommy voice

There are millions of Mommies out there and I am just one of them, telling my stories as they progress, letting my hair down and relaxing in the few minutes I have online.

This is just going to be a short introduction to our family...you'll get the chance to meet each one later. :-)

So much has happened in my life over the last few years. 4 years ago we had no idea of the absolutely wonderful blessing waiting for us around the corner. Wonderful yet so challenging it sometimes makes me want to pull my hair out. ;-)

We were just wandering on our merry way and then we found out we were pregnant...with twins, boys to be more precise. Any mother or father of twins knows beyond the shadow of a doubt that it is a challenge and a half to raise them. I'm sure that raising any child is a God-given, wonderful challenge...but there is something about twins that seems to multiply the challenges as well as the blessings in a unique and sometimes overwhelming way!

In November of 2010 we found out we were expecting again. We were very excited and looking forward to meeting our new little blessing 9 months down the road. We found out 2 months later that we were having twins, again! This time precious little girls!

So, lets get to the introductions. Our eldest is Mark, born two whole minutes before his brother. Mark is a rambunctious and very strong willed little boy. A real leader in the making, with all the joy and challenge that comes with. I'll write a whole blog on him later I'm sure. ;-)

William is our second born. He is rough and tumble, just like his (slightly) older brother. He also refuses to allow you or anyone else to call him "Will", "Bill", or any other nickname derivative. William he will stay, and if you don't 'get it' he will be sure to explain to you his entire name, all three of them. (Lately he has been toying with the idea of Willie though, since we call his sisters Gweny and Miri...we'll see if it sticks!)

That brings us to the girls. Gwenyth is our third born. She was born just one minute before her sister, Miriam. We don't know too much about them yet. We do know that they LOVE to smile! I mean, don't get me wrong, they do cry...just not too much. :-D That small fact makes me want to cry with happiness most days!!! What a joy to have two laid back babies! lol!

We have been through a roller coaster of emotions through this past year. Now that our daughters are here though, we wouldn't be without them for the world!

So we've got two girls and two boys. Very rambunctious boys and very sweet little two month old girls.

I did say this was going to be a very short introduction...don't you worry about it, I'll introduce everyone in a little while. Let's leave it at this: Raising multiple multiples fills my days with Joy and raising multiple multiples fills my life with challenges. I'm a better person for it and I hope I continue to grow stronger, wiser, and more loving as the days, weeks, months, and years go by.

Thanks for stopping by and reading. Please come back again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment